We have an immediate opportunity for full-time Registered Nurses on night shift (7:00pm - 7:30am). The RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and provides nursing care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the patient’s progression toward optimal health. The RN provides, directs and guides patient/family teaching and discharge planning to prepare the patient for self, home or further professional care. The RN is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to the Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper utilization of the nursing process and performs skills reflected and validated by the RN competency checklist.
2. Assists other RN’s, LPN/LVN’s, PCT’s and CNA's in the care of the patient.
3. Plans patient care for assigned shift to facilitate proper utilization of time, resources, manpower, and supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate, quality care.
4. Performs 24-hour Chart Checks as assigned to ensure that orders are written, signed and taken off properly as per our policy and procedure.
5. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the Charge Nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in our policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to our policies and procedures.
7. Completes documentation and communicates concisely adhering to the nursing standards of practice.
8. Adheres to our policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Requirements: Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting preferred. New grads considered. Education: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Licensure/Certification: Current RN license in state where currently practicing. Current BLS certification.