Location: Devens, MA
Units: Children, Young Adult and Adult
Shift: All shifts
Schedule: Full-Time (32 hours) & Part Time (24 hours) available
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is an active participant in the health care team who provides direct and indirect care to patients/families/legal guardians.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for maintaining a safe therapeutic milieu grounded in TaraVista Behavioral Health Center core principles.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) works collaboratively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team and contributes to each patient’s individual treatment plan by helping develop, implement, and document appropriate goals and interventions, informed by patient strengths and presenting psychiatric problems.
RN license within the State of Massachusetts required; BSN preferred. Previous psychiatric / substance inpatient experience preferred. CPR certification required. Restraint Reduction de-escalation / crisis intervention experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking to make decisions and solve problems
• Advanced level knowledge of Behavior Health and Substance Abuse treatment modalities; applies nursing process from a Trauma Informed Recovery model of care
• Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship while maintaining professional boundaries
• Effective oral and written communication
• Sufficient typing and computer skills to facilitate use of Electronic Medical Record
• Crisis management, time management, delegating, coaching and team building skills
• Flexibility, creativity and ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, organized and professional manner