We are a non-profit organization that provides services to
over 18,000 individuals per year, resulting in over 70,000 visits. The
Physician Assistant position is responsible for diagnosing and managing acute
and chronic conditions and emphasize health promotion and disease prevention.
Their services include, but are not limited to: ordering, conducting and
interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests; prescribing pharmacologic agents and
non-pharmacologic therapies; and teaching and counseling. They practice
autonomously and in collaboration with other health care professionals to
manage patients’ health needs. The position reports directly to the Medical
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program and certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Must have a permanent and unrestricted license to practice as a physician assistant in Arizona.
- Must have current board certification in family medicine and maintain certification.
- Must have current medication dispensing license (DEA).
- At least 3 years of experience in a family practice or comparable setting is required. Experience in a community health center setting is preferred.
- Current ACLS certification
- Must have a valid and unrestricted Arizona driver’s license (within 30 days of hire if applicant is from out-of-state) with no DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions. Must maintain a valid AZ driver license during employment. Must be insurable by our liability auto policy.
- Must pass a criminal background check with a Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card within the initial ninety (90) calendar days of employment.
- Must pass a substance abuse testing upon employment and submit to a random testing during the course of employment.
- Must have an updated Immunization Record prior to start of employment.
- Must have a current Tuberculosis skin test report upon employment and provide an update annually.
- Must have a CPR Card prior to start of employment and maintain a valid CPR card during employment.