Provide continuous and comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders, and health maintenance.to adults and adolescents, in an privately owned commercial clinic. This includes the assessment, diagnosis, and management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders as well as the prescription and management of medication.
The NP works collaboratively with other on-site mental health providers as well as with community PCPs and school personnel.
Supervision – Report directly to Supervising Physician or Medical Director.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities: Patient Care Management/Documentation:
· Work to provide comprehensive mental health services to patients
· Through patient evaluation, determine a differential diagnosis and plan for intervention.
· Adhere to standards via identified text and/or via office practice standard protocols.
· Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate.
· Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy.
· Document care provided; meeting standards for chart reviews.
· Seek consultations as appropriate, act as a consultant as requested.
· Takes an active role to contribute to the improvement of office functioning.
· Maintains a effective panel size and is responsible for at least 16 patient visits per day
Skills required - Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally with patients, health care team members, families, and school staff. Ability to function independently with regards to most clinical decision making. Ability to relate well to patients Well versed in mental health and assessment.
Education/experienced required - Master's prepared Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry with 5-10 or more years’ experience working in an ambulatory psychiatric setting.