We are seeking a Recovery Aide to join our practice.
The recovery aide is responsible for assisting clients and families in the behavioral health system to enhance their recovery and promote wellness. This position requires the ability to relate and communicate effectively with patients in a treatment setting. Experience, training, or education in the field of addiction or mental health is preferred.
- Assist the admitting team in patient admissions including checking in and storing valuables, assisting patients with activities of daily living, obtaining urine drug samples if necessary, and other related patient care functions.
- Participate in recovery-oriented socialization via informal interactions with patients, circulating in the program to monitor patient activity, and ensuring adherence to the program's residency guidelines.
- In residential programs, oversee patient medication self-administration including tracking refills, documenting medication schedules (dosages and times) in medication log, and coordinating self-administration program with other shifts and consulting pharmacies.
- Document observations, activities, and participation in appropriate records including the patient record, shift logs, and in the preparation of incident reports.
- Participate in required educational and in-service training programs including CPR and First Aid, Overdose Prevention, Trauma-Informed Care, CPI, and De-escalation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience, training and/or education in the field of addiction or mental health. Ability to cover multiple shifts, including weekends.
- One-Three years of customer service experience
- CPR certificate or CPR certifiable