Seeking a Medical Director to join a great team of providers and staff. Located in Bucksport, ME. We are an independent federally qualified health center. Our integrated services include Medical, Dental, Behavioral Health, Radiology and Laboratory services. We are a small community with easy access to Bangor cultural events, and the beautiful Acadia National Park where you can enjoy the outdoors.
The Medical Director defines the structure and scope of the health center’s clinical program, provides leadership and supervision to physician and mid-level providers, leads quality improvement activities to assure the provision of quality care to all users of the health center, and provides ambulatory and primary care for patients; ensures patients receive health care of the highest quality while resources are utilized in the most cost-effective manner.
- Seven to ten years of experience in the practice of family or internal medicine is required.
- At least five years of experience directing medical services is desired, but not an absolute pre-requisite.
- An extensive understanding of the FQHC environment, government funding and compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies is required.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software products required.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine in the State of Maine.
- Board Certified
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of residency in Family Practice or Med/Peds