Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Opening Full Time working with Geriatric members in home, SNF, hospital setting.
- Evaluates, diagnoses and treats psychiatric conditions.
- Consults with interdisciplinary teams on psychiatric diagnostic and treatment issues, including psychotropic medication use and non-pharmacologic interventions.
- Serves as liaison to the inpatient team during psychiatric hospitalizations, obtaining updates and providing clinical recommendations for authorizing services.
- Provides Psychotherapeutic counseling for participants if indicated.
- Conducts Psychotherapy groups in collaboration with Social Workers.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner required..
- Two years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred, but can substitute experience as RN, preferably with geriatric and/or psychiatric populations.
· Comprehensive Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Life, Vision & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan with discretionary match.
· Malpractice Insurance is covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
· opportunity to precept residents and students at PACE program
· Continuing Medical Education Stipend of up to $1500 and 5 days of leave per year.
· Reimbursement of initial and renewal costs of licenses.
· 25 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start and additional 10 paid holidays annually