We are located just South of Boston, 45 minutes
from Providence RI and are searching for a Nocturnist Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to
work in a collaborative role with the
Hospitalist physician in providing care to a diverse patient population in an
inpatient medical service.
· Performs initial history and physical examinations on patients being admitted to the hospitalist service
· Documents via written and dictated notes after collaboration with staff hospitalist physician.
· Daily rounding visits on assigned patients, discusses findings and with staff hospitalist physician and collaborates with said physician to determine, document, and implement treatment plan.
· Communicates with consultant services regarding patient care and needs.
· Communicates with primary care physicians regarding patient’s admission and discharge plans.
· Facilitates communication between hospitalist service and patients.
· Communicates with allied health professionals to include (but not limited to) case management, social work, physical therapy, nutrition, and wound management to ensure complete patient care and appropriate and timely discharge planning.
· Coordinates discharge planning including completing appropriate forms and documentation.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education: Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant program or Nurse Practitioner Program; Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Must have current valid Massachusetts license and be prescriptive eligible.