Are you interested in working for a well-established organization that was recently ranked #1 in Massachusetts in terms of patient safety (and top 2.6% in the USA)
We are searching for a Vascular NP with at least three years experience in the medical field, at least one of those as an NP. The NP will assess apparent problems, plans treatment, prioritizes needs, and provide patient care under the supervision of a physician. The NP will provide vascular services to patients in both clinical and in-patient setting. Evaluates the patient, performs comprehensive physical exams, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical exam, then follows through with a patient education plan. Assists in surgery, provides postoperative follow-up care, evaluates vascular patients, and works up floor consults. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Coordinates activity through the department director
Skills & Education:
- Graduate of a state approved school for Nurse Practitioner
- Completion of certified (by NCCNP) Nurse Practitioner program
- Current Massachusetts License
- Board Certified or Board Certified Eligible
- Three to five years of experience in the medical field
- Comprehensive Knowledge (or willingness to learn) of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and evaluation and treatment of Vascular Diseases.
- Must be able to obtain appropriate credentials at designated healthcare facilities.
- Must be able to meet physical activity of lifting or carrying weights of 100 to 200+ pounds with assistance.
- Approximate percentage of time spent sitting (10%), standing (44%), walking (27%), climbing (1%), stooping (2%), bending (4%), pushing (4%), lifting (4%), lifting (4%), and carrying (4%).
- Responsibilities may involve close eye and hand coordination dexterity, and manipulative ability under circumstances where accuracy may be critical.