Are you interested in working
for a well-established organization that was recently ranked #1 in
Massachusetts in terms of patient safety (and top 2.6% in the USA) We
are located just south of Boston, 45 minutes from Providence RI.
We have an immediate need for an Executive Administrative Assistant to the President. Under general direction of the President, you will perform a wide variety of administrative/secretarial duties in support of the President's internal administrative and medical staff management functions, the President's external hospital-related activities involving city, state, administrative and legislative agencies, hospital association, and area hospitals and the Board of Trustees and related committees.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
· Incumbent establishes own work plan and priorities.
· Works independently within broad scope of administration policies to assure timely completion of assigned work.
· Takes initiative to coordinate and follow through on administrative activities.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Must be able to reasonably make appropriate judgment in communications and actions with patient, physicians, other associates, outside agencies, and vendors.
· Consults with Hospital President on any problems lacking clear precedent.
· Refers specific problems to appropriate areas.
Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree, requiring a broad knowledge of secretarial arts
- Three to five years of progressively responsible administrative/secretarial experience, preferably healthcare administration with knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be proficient at typing and must be able to take dictation and write minutes of various meetings.
- Microsoft Office platform including Outlook, Word, Excel/Charting, PowerPoint, and Visio