The part-time Flight Nurse must have a minimum of three years (five years
preferred) of current critical care/emergency experience. The RN will Perform a
wide range of specialized functions and complex assessments, diagnoses,
therapies, and emergency treatment of patients transported by rotor-wing and/or
fixed wing and/or ground. The RN will document appropriate and accurate
information for assessment and treatment during stabilization and transport. Documents
accurate and complete billing information of patient transports. The RN will maintain
and facilitates effective and timely communication between management, internal
and external customers, as well as participate in activities to support PR and
marketing efforts. Maintains knowledge base for flight nursing role by
attending mandatory meetings, chart reviews, equipment reviews, skill labs,
clinical rotations, and continuing education sessions related to the care and
transport of critically ill and/or injured patients. Completes all annual
recurrent competency requirements. You must maintain an active RN license and all
certifications required by policy. Clinically functions under the direction of
the program's Medical Director through medical protocols and procedures and
online medical guidance. For clinical matters, reports directly to the
program's Manager of Clinical Services and indirectly to the National Director
of Clinical Standards.
Schedule & Location:
- Flexible schedule
- One 24 hr. shift per week
- Candidate must live within a one hour or sixty (60) miles from the base (whichever is greater) of the candidate's residence
- Paid time off benefit
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have an active RN license to practice in the state employed.
- Minimum of three years (five years preferred) of current critical care/emergency experience.
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and TNATC, TNCC, ITLS, or PHTLS. NRP preferred. Instructor certifications preferred.
- CFRN within twenty-four months of hire.
- Flight or transport experience preferred.
- Must successfully complete our education/orientation program.
- Effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
- Must meet and maintain clinical personnel weight restriction limit for flight according to policy.
- Must possess basic computer skills for e-mail, electronic charting, etc.
- Ability to communicate verbally, effectively, and clearly in person and by radio
- Must maintain body weight below 215 lbs
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift up to 100 pounds) and drug screening