Experience Wound Care Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of wound-related patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all inpatients. The RN provides, directs and guides patient/family teaching and readiness for discharge to prepare the patient for self, home or further professional care. You will be actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and ensures individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to the Hospital.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Wound Care Specialist competency checklist.
- Provides consultation and assistance to staff/caregivers regarding wound management of patients with potential or actual alteration in skin integrity
- Assesses patient to determine etiological factors for skin breakdown. Develops comprehensive wound management plan and assists staff in wound care when indicated.
- Serves as a primary wound care educator for patients / families with wound care issues.
- Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in our policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to our policies and procedures.
- Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Adheres to our policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Experience: 2 years wound care experience preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- License in specialty area in state where currently practicing
- Current BLS certification
- OT or PT – CWS preferred