Responsible for contributing to the smooth delivery of excellent patient care, primarily via telephone. Develops appropriate relationships with patients, families, and colleagues as a team member providing the highest quality patient care and contributes toward the attainment of important goals for the patient and the practice.
8:30 to 4:30, 4 days per week.
- Requires expert, skillful, rapid assessment and triage competencies of patient problems and needs by telephone or face to face
- Focuses on wellness, health promotion, and disease prevention
- Applies nursing interventions to human responses in health, illness, disease, disability, and end of life circumstances
- Utilizes the nursing process to facilitate decision making by performing problem focused assessments of patients’ and/or parents primary concerns, identify problem(s), analyze and integrate subjective and objective data, decide on a plan of nursing action, apply appropriate nursing intervention, evaluate outcomes
- Provides patient teaching related to wellness, disease, and/or disability management
- Current Mass RN license
- 1 year experience in a pediatric practice setting preferred
- Experience with computers, web based programs, EMR (EPIC). Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures