for a Physician Assistant to join our surgery department. Surgical service include
General, Vascular, Bariatric, Thoracic and other surgical services that may be
assigned PA coverage. The PA will
collaborate with the attending surgeon in providing care to a diverse patient population.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May direct nurses and ancillary staff in the performance of their duties by overseeing treatment plans, verbal orders and instructions
Education: Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant program; Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred. Must have current valid Massachusetts license and be prescriptive eligible.
Exposure: the incumbent will have occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens in the course of his/her regularly scheduled activities as an associate of the hospital.
Basic Knowledge, Skills, Aptitude & Experience:
· Must be capable to move efficiently throughout the hospital without physical or emotional limitations.
· Ability to work prolonged hours on a rotational basis.
· Must be capable of dealing with crisis situations and demanding work conditions.
· Able to develop and maintain collegial relationships with members of the hospitalist staff, referring, and consulting physicians.
· Must be organized and demonstrate excellent oral and written skills in the English language and be able to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Record in compliance with Federal, State and Local governance.
· Capable of establishing and maintaining a professional rapport with diverse staff and ancillary personnel.
· Maintain current certification in basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).