The COVID-19 Response Nurse will work in a dual role supporting vaccination and COVID testing in clinic. Desired shifts will be between 8:30AM – 5PM, Mondays to Friday, roughly 32 hours per week, with occasional night and evening shifts as required. Ideal candidates will be able to work in both Waltham and Brighton, MA.
This is a temporary position
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
• Oversee all aspects of a COVID PCR testing site, with a focus on quality control and timely return of results; orders supplies, supervises on-site staff, and ensures adherence to policy.
• Provides counseling and information to patients who have tested positive for COVID-19;
• Supports primary care as a nurse-vaccinator, with a focus on COVID-19 vaccine delivery; provides routine immunizations as needed to adult and pediatric patients. ‘
• Properly documents immunizations given; manages and updates records within the EMR system and Massachusetts Immunization Information System.
• Maintains quality and medication handling standards during admixture, preparation, and transport of vaccine within the facility. Maintains awareness of medication storage guidelines, including cold chain considerations. Communicates any recognized variations in handling and storage procedures to supervisor.
• Provide accurate and satisfactory answers to patient questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.
• Backfills other COVID response activities on an as-needed basis, including running mass-vaccination sites and performing COVID testing if medical assistants are unavailable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Preferred - past experience in COVID response activities or primary care practice
• Highly desired - fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Chinese, Arabic, or Vietnamese
• Highly desired - knowledge of vaccine storage, handling, and management, particularly experience with the Massachusetts Immunization Information System
$29 to $40 per hour 0-10 years experience.