The Per Diem Nurse Practitioner will conduct assessments and diagnostic procedures for patients, in accordance with established standards of practice. This position is responsible for initiating the appropriate evaluation and emergency management when necessary, e.g., cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, injuries, burns and hemorrhage. The Nurse Practitioner must have the capability to implement physician’s standing orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prescribe and administer medication in accordance with established prescriptive practice guidelines.
- Provide counseling and instruction regarding common patient problems.
- Maintain and document findings in patient electronic medical record.
- Participate in treating planning sessions, clinical case reviews and in-service training programs.
- Responsible for on-call coverage on a scheduled rotating basis.
- Adhere to Universal Precautions for Infection Control and proper procedures for disposal of sharps.
- Engage in Continuing Medical Education activities to maintain certification and participate in in-service programs.
- Adhere to the professional staff code of ethics.
- Participate in medical staff and other related Gosnold meetings and committees.
- Participate in supervision sessions with a supervising physician in accordance with the Practice & Prescriptive Guidelines.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: Board-approved master’s or post-master’s nurse practitioner program or other Board-approved program.
- Experience: Experience conducting evaluations, diagnostic procedures and treatments specific in the NP’s area of expertise. Knowledge and understanding of behavioral health and the capability to provide treatment consistent with standards of professional care.
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively to behavioral health patients. Computer literacy and ability to work in an electronic medical record
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Nurse Practitioner and certification by a nationally recognized accrediting body approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing. A current valid and unrestricted certificate with the Drug Enforcement Agency and the Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration Board.
BENEFITS (based on full-time employment):
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Generous Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Time
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match
- Short-Term Disability and Life & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Payroll Deductions for Home & Automobile Insurance
- Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program.
Competitive Hourly Rates Up to $80 /HR