Great opportunity for a physician seeking a true Work-Life balance. This position is ideal for a physician who appreciates a flexible work schedule.
Apply and modify the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide comprehensive geriatric and post-acute care services. Diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and injuries. Ensure comprehensive delivery of serves and quality patient care. Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations and suggest ways to improve delivery of service and profitability.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions independently to complete history and physical data on patients; performs complete physical exams; interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient needs
Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
Collaborates, educates and supervises Advance Practice Providers in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information accurately and efficiently.
- Instructs and educates patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Individual must be proficient in exercising autonomy in medical decision making and providing a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical practice related to geriatric and post-acute care settings.
- Knowledge of medical policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance, and quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively, and effectively in emergency situations.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine ( MD ) or Doctor of Osteopathy ( DO )
- Previous experience in with geriatrics and post-acute care settings including SNF, IPR and LTACH but not required.
- Previous experience in EHR documentation.
- Proficiency in documenting and billing in any setting above, or in the hospitalist setting.
- Most important is a positive attitude, a passion to provide quality care and an interest in joining a family of providers that understand the importance of a team-first approach.
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of which being employed
- BC / BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Current DPS and DEA certificates (or in progress)
$ 250000 per year and up for full time