Seeking a Full/Part-Time experienced Surgical Nurse to plan
and provide advanced and / or specialized professional nursing care for
patients in ambulatory clinic settings. The surgical nurse will participate in
educational activities, quality improvement projects or other operational
support projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families
in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the Washington State Board
- Maintains current State of Washington RN licensure.
- Maintains CPR certification for Health Care Providers.
- ACLS and PALS certification preferred. Required in PACU/POHA.
- Two years of Pre/Post-Operative or Operating Room experience, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center setting.
- Ability to apply and modify the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain department quality assurance.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot a variety of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in busy or emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in an individualized manner. While primarily in English language, interpreting services are available by phone.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, management and peers.